Media opportunity at 2018 ITTF Africa Top 16 Cup
Scheduled to be staged in the Kenyan capital city of Nairobi from Thursday 1st to Saturday 3rd March, media training and internships at the 2018 ITTF Africa Top 16 Cup are offered by the organising committee.
It is an opportunity for aspiring young people aged 25 years to 30 years of age, to gain media experience at a major international event.
by Olalekan Okusan, ITTF-Africa Press Officer
Each candidate will undergo one day training and will have full access to all players; they will assist the relevant media personnel during the whole event.
The organising committee seeks one candidate from each of the five African regions (West, East, Central, South and North) who are interested in journalism, broadcasting, film or sports management as well as major sporting events.
Candidates must have a good level of English; additional languages are a plus. The selected candidates are responsible for travel and medical insurance; local transport and accommodation will be provided by the organising committee.
Areas to be addressed:
- Interviewing players and taking flash quotes
- Writing feature articles
- Creation of daily summaries to be sent to fans and media
- Organise creative video filming with the players
- Assisting with the writing of press releases
- Assisting with the running of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram)
- Assisting with the creation of media documents in the lead up to the event
- Assisting with the management of the media areas such as the mixed zone and press tribune
- Monitoring global media activity and providing daily reports
To apply, please send curriculum vitae and a one page resume explaining the reasons for the application. A passport photograph must be included in addition to the stamp of the national association.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday 31st January.
Reply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org